More books and less binge-watching will transform your life!
The following books are in no particular order and speak to various areas of thought. From fiction to faith, I would encourage you to read widely and discerningly. Most people today read within a small circle of authors that they like and agree with. If you are only reading authors who think like you, there is limited growth happening in your soul. Read authors who come at things differently, think differently and even believe differently. Release your fear, you are stronger and more discerning than you think, and who knows, you just might gain some new insights or see things from a different perspective.
- The Go-Giver
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End
- Misreading Scripture With Western Eyes: Removing Cultural Blinders to Better Understand the Bible
- Sabbath As Resistance
- Tip and the Gipper: When Politics Worked
- The Beggar King and the Secret of Happiness: A True Story
- Why You Think The Way You Do: The Story of Western Worldviews From Rome to Home
- Ruthless Trust: The Ragamuffin’s Path to God
- Man’s Search For Meaning
- Rising Strong: How the Ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
- A Prayer For Owen Meany: A Novel
- The Sparrow
- How God Became King: The Forgotten Story of the Gospels
- As A Man Thinketh
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
- Pilgrims Progress
- Eager To Love: The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi
- Disunity In Christ
- The Crucifixion of the Warrior God: Volumes 1 & 2
- Devotions: The Selected Poems of Mary Oliver
I’d love to hear what books have and are impacting you!
Please leave your recommendations in the comments.